09 marzo 2011

Anxiety and panic attacks

I haven't been felling well lately. That's the main reason why I stopped posting on the blog. My last post was about felling happy and celebrating a new phase on my life, but my mind sabotaged me. I'm not confortable talking about bad things here, because that's not why I've created a blog. It's important to me to share happy thoughts and nice things, as well as the blogs I read try to do. So why ruin the blogosphere with something that isn't nice?

But then I read this post and everything changed. I'm not alone in this. And I'm sure that many of you out there suffer the same. Anxiety. Such a tiny word for a huge ghost. Since last year I've been suffering anxiety and panic attacks. Feeling trapped in a horrible job, feeling awful in the subway, wanting to get away and just run away. I did therapy and overcome it, but then after a while it all appeared again. And that's when I've decided to finally quit.

February 28th was my last day and since then, I've had my ups and downs. Having all this free time in my hands was suddenly too scary. I'll go back to therapy of course, since there must be something more deep that provokes my anxiety. But I guess that admiting that I need help is the first step (ha, this sounds like I should go to AA or something :P). I also think that talking about it makes the ghost go away. So there it is, I've said it and I feel better already. And for everyone that feels the same out there, you're not alone. It might be scary, but like my yoga teacher told me last week "No one dies of panic attacks". This thing wont beat me, for sure, it'll only make me stronger.

5 comentarios:

  1. Guess what? A few days in my new job were enough to let me experience what are panic attacks related with he stress of having to go to a place you don't want but you feel you have too. In the third day I even cried during the work time! In the fourth may brother said a something like "I see you are not appreciating very much your new job..", I just wanted to listen someone telling me something similar... I was so nervous and was so painful to just remember I had to go to work and the time there??? So hard to pass!

    I quit.

    Actually, I arrived from the offices right now. I went there to say I wouldn't go anymore. I feel a mix of feelings. I needed the money and it was an opportunity but I would get crazy doing that. I don't regret, but I feel sort of sorry.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. By the way, would you like a banner to your blog and a button? As I have a lot of free time and as I don't feel very well (in my mind) I procrastinate a lot.. so I like to do such things. You can see one I've made to a friend (banner and button) http://got-that-swing.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Oh Jojo, I'm sorry! But if it was making you feel bad, you did the right thing. At least that's my opinion.

    I'd love a banner and a button! ;)

    xoxo

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Jaza,

    I've had a lot of experience with anxiety too. I'm glad to hear that you're moving past it, best you can.

    <3,
    M

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello
    You have won the giveaway on my blog.
    Please email me - lovecupcakecouture@gmail.com
    Thanks.
    x

    ResponderEliminar

Your opinion matters...