20 enero 2011

Currently reading

I'd like to share with you the book that I'm currently reading. Its original title is La chaimbre claire. Note sur la photographie.



This was one of the gifts that I've received my past b-day. I've been meaning to read something by Roland Barthes for some time now, so I was really glad to get it. Plus, it has a special meaning since it's a gift from my photo teacher and my class mates (I've been taking photo classes since last year).

Barthes' approach on photography is really interesting, I didn't finish the book yet, but what I've read so far is a completely different analisis on photography from other things that I've read before. The "twist" here is that what Barthes really does is his personal view about photography and he speaks about what it does to him. Plus, he choses one of his favorite photos, which is one from his mother's childhood. Further on, he makes an analisis comparing photography with death. Impressive.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Your opinion matters...